Accountants Insurance | Professional Indemnity & Liability
Feefo logo
Feefo logo

Accountants Insurance

Our Financial Professions team can arrange suitable accountant insurance to include Professional Indemnity Insurance to cover your professional activities, and cover including Cyber Insurance, Directors and officers and/or Management Liability, Office Insurance and Business Travel for your business risks.

Accountants Insurance for large and small practices.

Accountants of all shapes and sizes, whether chartered or non-chartered can make mistakes. Unfortunately, your chosen career path means small mistakes (a comma or decimal point in the wrong position) could have enormous consequences if a claim should arise from your clients. 

That’s why your Accountants Insurance should, at the very least include Professional Indemnity Insurance for Accountants and Accounting Practices in their insurance programme.  

Choosing a broker to act on your behalf is essential, as it’s not just a simple case of picking an off-the-shelf PI product. 

Most Accountants are members of a professional institute or association, and to keep your membership, you’ll have to abide by the minimum terms and conditions for insurance set by your institute or association.  

Our brokers have worked with many Self-employed Accountants and Large Accounting Practices to secure their Professional Indemnity Insurance when they are members of ICA, ICAEW, AAT, ACCA, CIMA or CIA, and arranged other insurance covers for their business risks.  

Need Accountants Insurance?

For comprehensive Accountants Insurance

What does Accountants Insurance cover?

We arrange for insurance for accountants that can include: 

Business Travel and Personal Accident Insurance

Business travel and personal accident insurance can cover unexpected travel expenses, business equipment and medical expenses if you or an employee are permanently injured or killed in an accident.

Cyber Insurance

A cyber insurance policy helps pay for financial losses they may incur in the event of a cyberattack or data breach. It can cover costs related to the remediation process, such as paying for the investigation, crisis communication, legal services, and refunds to customers.

Directors’ and Officers’ Insurance

D&O insurance reimburses the defense costs incurred by board members, managers, and employees in defending against claims made by shareholders or third parties for alleged wrongdoing. D&O insurance also covers monetary damages, settlements, and awards resulting from such claims.

Fidelity Insurance

Fidelity insurance covers losses sustained by the employer as a result of an act of forgery, fraud or dishonesty from an employee.

Management Liability Insurance

Management liability insurance covers your business & people: directors & officers insurance, employment practice liability & corporate legal liability.

Motor Fleet Insurance

Motor Fleet Insurance protects businesses from compensation claims from third parties as a result of a motor accident. These third party claims could be in the form of financial compensation for injury or property damage for a third party.

Office Insurance

Office insurance may include cover for structural faults, damage or loss to office furniture and property, plus public and employer liability.

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Commonly known as PI insurance, offers financial protection should a client sue you if you give poor advice or do something that results in financial or reputational losses.

Trustee Liability Insurance

Trustee liability insurance is designed to protect the trustees, directors, governors, committee members and officers of a charity, club, association or not-for-profit organisation.

Why use Jensten


A dedicated team to Professional Service businesses


We are the trusted broker to Professionals


Tailored insurance to the needs of your business

Talk to the experts

Our team of UK-based insurance experts are here to help, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.


Contact us on our website whenever suits you

Call our insurance experts during office hours (calls are charged at a local rate)


Find answers to common insurance questions

Need Accountants Insurance?

For comprehensive Accountants Insurance

Accountants Insurance

This is one of the more complex areas of cover, so to help you get the protection you need, here are our Accountants Insurance frequently asked questions. We hope they will help, but if you’d like some independent advice, please call us on 0190 344 4951 and we’ll be only too happy to help.

Accountants Insurance can include cover for claims made against you by a client or third party that alleges negligence, a breach of trust or confidentiality, or defamation from the professional risks that your practice faces. 

Adding in additional insurance covers, for example, Cyber Insurance, can cover the risks to your business that fall outside of your professional activities.  

The other insurance you need will be based on your circumstances. 

Looking to close your business, then you may need run off cover. 

If the limit of indemnity needs to increase, then you need Excess Layer Insurance. 

Do you need to cover past works, then we can work with you to put a Retroactive Date on your PI Cover 

If you have employees, you will need Employers’ Liability Insurance. 

Do you have equipment that needs protecting? Then an Office Insurance policy can provide cover for your furniture, IT equipment, technical surveying equipment 

If you don’t want to be personally liable as a Director, a Directors’ and Officers’ Insurance policy covers your defence costs and any compensation you must pay. 

Each regulatory body has its minimum Limit of Indemnity (LOI) levels of Professional Indemnity Cover required by members, which is based on your fee income. 

You should look at your Associations website for further information or contact our team for further advice.  






If your firm is unable to obtain PII in the insurance market via your existing broker, then we may still be able to help. 

As a last resort, you can apply to enter the assigned risks pool of your Association for ’emergency’ cover for a period of up to two years so that you can continue to practice. 

Yes – it is essential that you secure ‘run-off’ cover for your previous practice after you cease to practise. This is to cover you for claims for work done while in practice but arising after the practice ceased. This requirement is in your own interests, whether or not you think you might have claim in future. 

Getting a quote is easy.  You can call us on 0190 344 4951 and our friendly team of specialists will be happy to help.