Estate Agents Insurance | Lettings Agents Insurance
Feefo logo
Feefo logo

Estate Agents Insurance

We have many years’ experience which helps us to understand the insurance requirements of Property Professionals.

Why do I need Estate Agents Insurance?

We understand that no matter whether you are offering advice on property acquisition, property rental, or estate management, things can go wrong at any stage of the process.

This is the main reason why insurance for estate and letting agents is essential. With the home-buying process constantly changing, the changes in legislation and the introduction of home information packs there is an increased opportunity for an error to be made.

Need Estate Agents Insurance?

For comprehensive Estate Agents Insurance

What does Estate Agents Insurance cover?

Accidental Damage

This covers any accidental damage made to your customers’ vehicles.

Buildings and Contents Insurance

If you own the premises on which you operate then buildings cover is essential and provides cover for an insured event. Contents coverage is also important and will help protect expensive equipment if a similar insured event occurs. Depending on your business we may also recommend separate stock insurance to cover damage to goods stored on-site for sale.

Business Contents

Including your stock, computers, phones, and other business equipment.

Business Interruption Insurance

When damage or unforeseen events do occur the financial strain on your business can be significant. Damages caused by fire, flood and even accidental incidents can prove a basis for cover under business interruption insurance, our experts will work with you to understand the most likely risks and provide adequate coverage.

Cyber Insurance

A cyber insurance policy helps pay for financial losses they may incur in the event of a cyberattack or data breach. It can cover costs related to the remediation process, such as paying for the investigation, crisis communication, legal services, and refunds to customers.

Directors’ and Officers’ Insurance

D&O insurance reimburses the defense costs incurred by board members, managers, and employees in defending against claims made by shareholders or third parties for alleged wrongdoing. D&O insurance also covers monetary damages, settlements, and awards resulting from such claims.

Employers’ Liability Insurance (EL insurance)

EL – is a legal requirement if you have any staff, full-time, part-time or contracted. EL insurance protects employers’ from compensation claims from their employees should a claim be made against them for loss or injury at work. Your policy must have a minimum of £5m cover, with £10m being the industry standard.

Intellectual Property Insurance

Intellectual Property Insurance offers protection against alleged infringement by you or a third party of Intellectual Property (IP) rights, including patents, trademarks, copyright and trade secrets.

Legal Expenses

If someone takes legal action against you or your company Legal Expenses cover will support you in the cost of going to court.

Office Insurance

Office insurance may include cover for structural faults, damage or loss to office furniture and property, plus public and employer liability.

Personal Accident Insurance

Covers both loss of earnings and medical costs which arise from a serious injury sustained at work – up to your chosen level of cover.

Public Liability Insurance

Public liability insurance protects you if a member of the public suffers an injury or if any of their property is damaged because of your business. It can cover legal costs and any compensation claims, if your business is found to be at fault.

Trustee Liability Insurance

Trustee liability insurance is designed to protect the trustees, directors, governors, committee members and officers of a charity, club, association or not-for-profit organisation.

Why use Jensten


A dedicated team to Professional Service businesses


We are the trusted broker to Professionals


Tailored insurance to the needs of your business

Talk to the experts

Our team of UK-based insurance experts are here to help, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.


Contact us on our website whenever suits you

Call our insurance experts during office hours (calls are charged at a local rate)


Find answers to common insurance questions

Professional Bodies

With property litigation on the rise, there is an increased pressure for estate and letting agents to protect themselves. The property market has been volatile in recent years and since the drop in 2008 there has been a significant increase in the claims being brought against agents in the sales and lettings arena.

There are professional bodies which have rules relating to PI cover including mandatory cover or minimum limits required for their members. The main professional bodies with PI rules are as follows:

Need Estate Agents Insurance?

For comprehensive Estate Agents Insurance

Estate Agents Insurance

Many estate agents have an office and almost all estate agents go out and about to visit clients. If you do you, you need to have estate agents’ Public Liability Insurance.

It covers claims of physical damage against your business. So, if you break something or someone’s injured, you’re covered.