Looking For Surveyors Insurance?
Need a surveyor’s insurance quote? Let the insurance specialists at Jensten Insurance Brokers compare our markets to find you the cover you need. Our team can help you with all forms of surveyors’ insurance and can offer comprehensive cover that includes public liability, professional indemnity, directors and officers, and even cyber insurance on one policy.
What Is Surveyors Insurance?
Surveyors insurance, or surveying insurance as it’s also known, is a specialist form of cover designed to meet the needs of quantity surveyors, building surveyors, and general surveyors. A typical policy covers surveying professionals against risks such as public liability and the advice they give with professional indemnity insurance.
What Does Surveyors Insurance Cover?
Surveyors’ insurance through Jensten Insurance Brokers can offer a range of protections. The exact makeup will depend on the policy you take out, but a typical policy will include:
- Public liability insurance – in case a member of the public is injured, or their property damaged because of your work
- Professional indemnity insurance – should the advice you give or the services you offer cost the client money or be deemed not to be up to standard, this protects you in the event of legal action
- Employers’ liability insurance – if you have any employees, then this is a legal requirement
- Directors’ and officers’ insurance – protects company executives from legal action resulting from their business’s activities
- Cyber insurance – protects against things such as data loss, ransomware, and the accidental infection of a third-party’s system with a virus
- Business contents – everything from computers to transits and theodolites
Who Needs Surveyors Insurance?
Thanks to the policy’s flexibility, surveying insurance is suitable for:
- Building surveyors
- Quantity surveyors
- Land surveyors
- Environmental surveyors
- Rural Practice surveyors
- Party wall surveyors
- Planning and development surveyors
- Valuation surveyors
- Commercial surveyors
- General surveyors
- Independent surveyors
- Surveying companies
How Much Does Surveyors Insurance Cost?
The cost of your surveyors’ insurance quote will depend on factors such as:
- The turnover of your business
- The nature of your business and the work you do – if you work in public places, in potentially dangerous environments such as in factories or on roads, it may increase your premiums
- Whether you have any employees
- The size of the clients you work with
- Your claims history
For personalised surveyors’ insurance help, please contact the Jensten Insurance Brokers team today. They’ll be able to give you all the advice you need and provide you with a surveyor’s insurance quote.