Classic Car Restoration & Maintenance Insurance | Motor Trade Insurance
Feefo logo
Feefo logo

Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance

Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance offers specialist protection to motor traders that work on classic vehicles.

What is Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance?

Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance offers specialist protection to motor traders that work on classic vehicles. It can insure part-time and full-time traders and cover a wide range of risks, including:

  • Road risks
  • Premises
  • Public and Employers’ Liability
  • Machinery and testing equipment
  • Loss of MOT licence
  • Stock of parts/spares
  • Portable hand tools
  • Service indemnity
  • Engineering inspection
  • Business interruption

Need Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance?

For comprehensive Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance

What does Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance cover?

While every Classic Vehicle Repair and Maintenance Insurance policy owner’s needs will be different, there are some common risks that you’ll want on your policy. It’s important to bear in mind that the cars you’re dealing with are not just a mode of transport; they’re often their owners’ pride and joy. If anything were to go wrong, you’d need to have the right protection in place. That’s why Jensten Motor Trade’s Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance allows you to choose from a range of policy elements, including:

Business Contents

Including your stock, computers, phones, and other business equipment.

Business interruption insurance

Should disaster strike – a fire, a flood, or an explosion – and you can’t trade, business interruption insurance will provide an income until you can get to your previous trading level.

Business premises cover

If you’re trading from premises – be it a forecourt, yard or compound – you’ll want to have them protected. If your premises were damaged or destroyed, business premises insurance would cover the cost of repairs or a rebuild.

Employers’ Liability Insurance (EL insurance)

EL – is a legal requirement if you have any staff, full-time, part-time or contracted. EL insurance protects employers’ from compensation claims from their employees should a claim be made against them for loss or injury at work. Your policy must have a minimum of £5m cover, with £10m being the industry standard.

Engineering Inspection Service

If you use testing equipment or machinery, an engineering inspection service element to your policy will cover the cost of a safety assessment of it, and can include covering the cost of breakdowns and replacements.

Money and keys

If money or keys are stolen from your premises, this is designed to cover the cost of their replacement. Most policies will stipulate that money needs to be left in a safe, locked cashbox, or a cabinet.

Parts and Stock

Parts for this type of vehicle – especially the original parts that some owners will insist upon – can be expensive and hard to find, so its important to protect them.

Product Liability Insurance

If products you use or recommend cause damage or harm, you can face claims for compensation. Product liability insurance will cover any pay-outs should a claim prove successful.

Public liability insurance

If a member of the public is injured or their property damaged while on your premises, you can be held liable. Public liability insurance will protect you financially should you be sued for damages.

Road Risks Insurance

So you can drive customers’ vehicles and any you own in connection with your business on public roads. As with car insurance, you can choose from third-party, third-party fire and theft, or comprehensive cover.

Sales and Service Indemnity

Protects you against claims of damage or injury after selling or repairing a vehicle. It can include cover for faulty parts or repair work that’s contributed to the problem.

Service Indemnity Insurance

Also known as defective workmanship cover, protects you against claims for faulty parts or for accidentally fitting parts incorrectly.

Tools and machinery cover

Without your tools and machinery, you can’t operate. With tool thefts on the rise in the UK, you’d be wise to insure them. This covers tools and expensive pieces of machinery, such as diagnostic equipment. It can also provide Mac and Snap-On tools insurance, plus employees’ tools and toolbox options.

Vehicles in Transit Insurance

If you need to move non-roadworthy vehicles from one location to another, you’ll need to insure them while they’re on the road – whether they’re on the back of a truck or being towed. Vehicles in transit cover gives you the protection you need.

Why use Jensten


A team that understand the motor trade business


Jensten Motor Trade is rated 4.7/5 on Feefo


Tailored insurance to the needs of your business

Talk to the experts

Our team of UK-based insurance experts are here to help, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.


Contact us on our website whenever suits you

Call our insurance experts during office hours (calls are charged at a local rate)


Find answers to common insurance questions

Which businesses can Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance cover?

Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance cover through Jensten Motor Trade is a flexible policy that can protect traders, including:

  • Classic car restoration specialists that undertake repairs and work on cherished vehicles
  • Motor traders who rebuild classic cars and work on valuable cars
  • Traders that work from premises
  • Repair garages that accept classic cars
  • Traders that work from home

How much does Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance cost?

As we’ll create your cover around your business, that’s not an easy question to answer. What we can say is that your Classic Car Restoration Insurance quote will be based on factors such as:

  • The value of the cars you are working on
  • The value of your stock
  • The size and value of your premises – if you have any
  • The value of your equipment
  • Whether you need road risk cover and how many people you need it for
  • The turnover of your business
  • Your claims history
  • Whether you want to pay monthly or annually – annually will usually be cheaper
  • Your business’s postcode

For some tailored insurance help, please contact the Jensten Motor Trade team today or call them on 0208 298 2100.

For some tailored insurance help, please contact the Jensten Motor Trade team today or call them on 0208 298 2100.

Need Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance?

For comprehensive Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance

Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance

Given the rarity and value of the vehicles you may be working on, it’s important for motor traders to get the right insurance.  To help you do that, here are our Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance frequently asked questions.  We hope they are of use, but if you’d like some independent advice, please call us on 0208 298 2100, and the team will be happy to help.

At Jensten Motor Trade, we understand the motor trade and the many different types of traders that need insurance. As well as flexible, quality cover, Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance offers you a range of benefits:

  • Dedicated in-house claims service
  • Service from quote to claim
  • Legal liability insurance
  • Road risk-only options
  • The option of comprehensive, third-party fire and theft or third-party only cover

Elements are compulsory. If you are going to drive vehicles on the road, you will need a road risks element to your policy. You’ll also need Employers’ Liability Insurance (EL Insurance) if you employ staff within your business and engineering inspection service if you service or repair vehicles.

While Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance is similar to standard Motor Trade Insurance, it can take into account things like the high value of vehicles and the parts you’ll need to work on them.

Yes, but only in connection with the business if it is owned by the business or is in custody or control of your motor trade business. It may be more cost-effective to limit the covers to keep your premium down.

While these policies may look the same, road risks only covers driving vehicles on the road. Traders Combined Insurance, on the other hand, can offer a much wider range of essential protections, such as premises, material damage cover and liabilities amongst others.

There are several ways of cutting Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance costs, including:

  • Limit the number of employees on your road risks policy
  • Building up your no-claims bonus
  • Employing drivers with low or no motoring convictions or claims
  • Making sure your premises (if you have any) are secure and have CCTV/a web-based security system

Always use an independent broker such as Jensen Motor Trade.  A specialist independent Motor Trade Insurance broker will have the knowledge to ensure you get the Classic Car Restoration and Maintenance Insurance quote you need and can do the comparison for you.

At Jensten Motor Trade, we are more than happy to discuss the different ways we can help you save on your motor trade premium.  All it takes is a call to our specialist Motor Trade Insurance team to start the quote process.  Alternatively, you are welcome to complete our online quote form, and we call you to discuss your requirements.

Getting a quote is easy.  You can call us on 0208 298 2100and the team will be happy to help you find the protection you need.  We work with a panel of different insurance companies and can help find the appropriate cover to suit your individual needs.