Food Manufacturing Insurance | Food Product Insurance
Feefo logo
Feefo logo

Food and Drink Manufacturing Insurance

Food Manufacturing and Food Product Insurance can cover many risks that businesses may face. Jensten Insurance Brokers can advise on and arrange cover to help mitigate those risks.

What is Food and Drink Manufacturing Insurance?

The food and drink industry encompasses a huge variety of businesses and organisations. From an artisan bakery, supplying direct to consumers and independent retailers to large scale production supplying the supermarket chains.

The risks are wide and ranging and will differ for every business. Getting the right insurance advice relies on a full understanding of your business and the risks it potentially faces.

Our team will take the time to understand your unique situation and work to design an insurance package that suits your individual needs. Cover can be arranged to cater for a range of risks that your business is likely to face.

Need Food and Drink Manufacturing Insurance?

For comprehensive Food and Drink Manufacturing Insurance

What does Food and Drink Manufacturing Insurance cover?

Food and Drink Manufacturing Insurance can include the following:

Buildings and Contents Insurance

If you own the premises on which you operate then buildings cover is essential and provides cover for an insured event. Contents coverage is also important and will help protect expensive equipment if a similar insured event occurs. Depending on your business we may also recommend separate stock insurance to cover damage to goods stored on-site for sale.

Employers’ Liability Insurance (EL insurance)

EL – is a legal requirement if you have any staff, full-time, part-time or contracted. EL insurance protects employers’ from compensation claims from their employees should a claim be made against them for loss or injury at work. Your policy must have a minimum of £5m cover, with £10m being the industry standard.

Fleet Insurance

if your business has two or more vehicles – be they vans, trucks, or pieces of plant equipment – you can cover them all on a fleet insurance policy.

Machinery & Plant Machinery

Integral to any operation within this sector, your machinery is essential and as such must be considered when creating a policy. Common risk factors involved include accidents, theft and fire-related damage. The cover itself will need to fit your business’s operation, with contingencies available for machinery in transit, off-site storage, hired machinery as well as that which is permanently used on-site.

Product Liability Insurance

If products you use or recommend cause damage or harm, you can face claims for compensation. Product liability insurance will cover any pay-outs should a claim prove successful.

Public Liability Insurance

Public liability insurance protects you if a member of the public suffers an injury or if any of their property is damaged because of your business. It can cover legal costs and any compensation claims, if your business is found to be at fault.

Why use Jensten


A team who understands manufacturing businesses


We are trusted by manufacturing businesses big and small


Tailored insurance to the needs of your business

Talk to the experts

Our team of UK-based insurance experts are here to help, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.


Contact us on our website whenever suits you

Call our insurance experts during office hours (calls are charged at a local rate)


Find answers to common insurance questions

What should you consider when buying Food and Drink Manufacturing Insurance?

What if someone became ill as a result of consuming your products? Or what if your stock following a burst pipe needs to be thrown away? The damage to your business finances could be long-lasting and expensive.

In the course of everyday business, your organisation could face anything from cyber attacks, damage to your property or goods in transit, business interruption or product recall, to name but a few.

With our brokers, you can be confident in the fact that your claim will be dealt with in a respectful and efficient manner by our team.

For more information on our Food and Drink Manufacturing Insurance, contact the teamAlternatively, you can request a callback. Our team will be more than happy to discuss your policy needs and answer any questions you may have.

Need Food and Drink Manufacturing Insurance?

For comprehensive Food and Drink Manufacturing Insurance

Food and Drink Manufacturing Insurance

This is one of the more complex areas of cover, so to help you get the protection you need, here are our Food Manufacturing Insurance frequently asked questions. We hope they will help, but if you’d like some independent advice, please call us on 0808 368 9018 and we’ll be only too happy to help.

Food Manufacturing Insurance is designed to meet the needs of manufacturing working in the food sector. It provides financial protection against a range of risks and liabilities that food-producing and processing businesses may encounter in their day-to-day operations.

No, but you will need Employers’ Liability Insurance if you have any employees.

The exact makeup of your policy will depend on your business’s needs, but it can cover your property, stock, Employers’, public, and product liabilities, as well as things like Cyber Insurance, Goods-in-Transit, and Business Interruption Insurance.

The cost of a Food Manufacturing Insurance policy will depend on things like the size of your business, if you have any employees, the value of your stock, goods-in-transit, the level of security at your premises, the value of your machinery and equipment, and your claims history.

Getting a quote is easy. You can call Jensten Insurance Brokers on 0808 368 9018 or request a callback.