What Is Scaffolder Insurance?
Keeping your staff and clients safe is essential when carrying out works. Accidents and damage are amongst the most common claims while doing work on buildings whilst using scaffolding.
When carrying out works on buildings, having the correct insurance is often a compulsory requirement to enable you to carry out works. A policy may include much more than just public liability, which assists in claims which are related to property and third party damage while working on a building with scaffolding.
What Cover Do I Need For Scaffold Insurance?
There is a range of risks that our skilled team can help mitigate in a tailored policy. Some of the areas we would recommend you consider in your scaffold insurance are:
What Are The General Requirements For Safe Scaffolding?
Our skilled team can help advise the necessary steps to ensure you are compliant with your new policy. The general requirements we often advise are:
- Employers are required to ensure that all work at height (even under 2 metres) is properly planned and organised. Those involved with the work at height must be competent and the risks assessed and properly controlled with appropriate work equipment. All required equipment should be properly inspected and maintained.
- Fall protection for your workers can consist of personal fall arrest systems, guardrail systems and working platforms.
- For construction & structural engineering work, handrails should have a minimum height of 950 millimetres. Any gap between the top rain and intermediate rails should not exceed 470 millimetres.
- Scaffolds should be erected, moved, dismantled or altered only under the supervision of a competent person that is qualified to ensure such activities are done safely.
- All scaffolding should follow a generally recognised standard configuration. Examples are the National Access and Scaffolding Contractors (NASC) guide or the manufactures guidance for system handrails. If scaffolds, due to complexity or size, cannot follow these established configurations, they should be designed in accordance to BS EN 12811 or based on fundamental engineering principles.
Find The Right Scaffold Insurance For You
With our team of brokers, you can be confident in the fact that your claim will be dealt with in a respectful and efficient manner by our specialist team. We will do our best to give you and your business the tools to continue to conduct your construction and scaffolding contracts with tailored protection.
For more information on our scaffold insurance, simply contact the team. Our team will be more than happy to discuss your policy needs and answer any questions you may have.