Exhaust & Tyre Fitter Insurance | Tyre & Exhaust Cover
Feefo logo
Feefo logo

Exhaust and Tyre Fitter Insurance

Exhaust and Tyre Fitter Insurance can cover many risks that businesses may face. Jensten Insurance Brokers can advise on and arrange cover to help mitigate those risks.

What is Exhaust and Tyre Fitter Insurance?

Exhaust and Tyre Fitter Insurance is a specialist form of motor trade cover for businesses that offer exhaust and tyre fitting services.  A flexible policy, Vehicle Fitter Insurance through Jensten Motor Trade can cover risks such as:

  • Road Risks
  • Stock
  • Premises
  • Accident and Injury
  • Public and Employers’ Liability
  • Goods-in-Transit Insurance

Need Exhaust and Tyre Fitter Insurance?

For comprehensive Exhaust and Tyre Fitter Insurance

What does Exhaust and Tyre Fitter Insurance cover?

While every Exhaust and Tyre Fitter’s Insurance quote will be different, there are some common risks – such as Road Risks Insurance, Public Liability Insurance, and Goods-in-Transit Insurance – that you’ll want to include.  Jensten Motor Trade’s policies allow you to pick and choose from a range of policy elements, including:

Business Contents

Including your stock, computers, phones, and other business equipment.

Business interruption insurance

Should disaster strike – a fire, a flood, or an explosion – and you can’t trade, business interruption insurance will provide an income until you can get to your previous trading level.

Business premises cover

If you’re trading from premises – be it a forecourt, yard or compound – you’ll want to have them protected. If your premises were damaged or destroyed, business premises insurance would cover the cost of repairs or a rebuild.

Employers’ Liability Insurance (EL insurance)

EL – is a legal requirement if you have any staff, full-time, part-time or contracted. EL insurance protects employers’ from compensation claims from their employees should a claim be made against them for loss or injury at work. Your policy must have a minimum of £5m cover, with £10m being the industry standard.

Engineering Inspection Service

If you use testing equipment or machinery, an engineering inspection service element to your policy will cover the cost of a safety assessment of it, and can include covering the cost of breakdowns and replacements.

Money and keys

If money or keys are stolen from your premises, this is designed to cover the cost of their replacement. Most policies will stipulate that money needs to be left in a safe, locked cashbox, or a cabinet.

Product Liability Insurance

If products you use or recommend cause damage or harm, you can face claims for compensation. Product liability insurance will cover any pay-outs should a claim prove successful.

Public liability insurance

If a member of the public is injured or their property damaged while on your premises, you can be held liable. Public liability insurance will protect you financially should you be sued for damages.

Road Risks Insurance

So you can drive customers’ vehicles and any you own in connection with your business on public roads. As with car insurance, you can choose from third-party, third-party fire and theft, or comprehensive cover.

Sales and Service Indemnity

Protects you against claims of damage or injury after selling or repairing a vehicle. It can include cover for faulty parts or repair work that’s contributed to the problem.

Stock Cover

Protects your stock of parts, equipment, and machinery against risks of damage, theft, and loss.

Tools and machinery cover

Without your tools and machinery, you can’t operate. With tool thefts on the rise in the UK, you’d be wise to insure them. This covers tools and expensive pieces of machinery, such as diagnostic equipment. It can also provide Mac and Snap-On tools insurance, plus employees’ tools and toolbox options.

Why use Jensten


A team that understand the motor trade business


Jensten Motor Trade is rated 4.7/5 on Feefo


Tailored insurance to the needs of your business

Talk to the experts

Our team of UK-based insurance experts are here to help, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.


Contact us on our website whenever suits you

Call our insurance experts during office hours (calls are charged at a local rate)


Find answers to common insurance questions

Which businesses can Exhaust and Tyre Fitter Insurance cover?

Exhaust and Tyre Fitters Insurance through Jensten Motor Trade is a flexible policy that can protect businesses such as:

  • Fitters working at premises
  • Mobile exhaust and tyre fitters
  • Vehicle mechanics
  • Repair garages
  • Motor traders who offer exhaust and tyre fitting as part of their business

How much does Exhaust and Tyre Fitters Insurance cost?

As we’ll create your cover around your business, that’s not an easy question to answer.  What we can say is that your Exhaust and Tyre Fitter’s Insurance quote will be based on factors such as:

  • The size and value of your premises – if you have any
  • The value of your equipment
  • Whether you need road risk cover and how many people you need it for
  • If you need goods in transit cover
  • The turnover of your business
  • Your claims history
  • Whether you want to pay monthly or annually – annually will usually be cheaper
  • Your business’s postcode

For some tailored insurance help, please contact the Jensten Motor Trade team today or call them on 0208 298 2100.

For some tailored insurance help, please contact the Jensten Motor Trade team today or call them on 0208 298 2100.

Need Exhaust and Tyre Fitter Insurance?

For comprehensive Exhaust and Tyre Fitter Insurance

Exhaust and Tyre Fitter Insurance

It’s important for motor traders to get the right insurance for their business, and to help you do that, here is our Vehicle Fitters Insurance frequently asked questions.  We hope they are of use, but if you’d like some independent advice, please call us on 0208 298 2100and the team will be happy to help.

As well as flexible, quality cover, insurance through Jensten Motor Trade offers you the following benefits:

  • Dedicated in-house claims service
  • Service from quote to claim
  • Legal liability insurance
  • Road risk-only options
  • The option of comprehensive, third-party fire and theft or third party only cover

Elements are compulsory. If you are going to drive vehicles on the road, you will need a road risks element to your policy. You’ll also need Employers’ Liability Insurance (EL Insurance) if you employ staff within your business and engineering inspection service if you service or repair vehicles.

Yes, but only in connection with the business if it is owned by the business or is in custody or control of your motor trade business. It may be more cost-effective to limit the covers to keep your premium down.

While these policies may look the same, road risks only covers driving vehicles on the road. Traders Combined Insurance, on the other hand, can offer a much wider range of essential protections, such as premises, material damage cover and liabilities amongst others.

There are several ways of cutting Motor Trade Insurance costs, including:

  • Limit the number of employees on your road risks policy
  • Building up your no-claims bonus
  • Employing drivers with low or no motoring convictions or claims
  • Making sure your premises (if you have any) are secure and have CCTV/a web-based security system
  • Always use an independent broker such as Jensen Motor Trade. A specialist independent motor trade insurance broker will have the knowledge to ensure you get the exhaust and tyre fitters insurance quote you need and can do the shopping around for you

At Jensten Motor Trade, we are more than happy to discuss the different ways we can help you save on your motor trade premium.  All it takes is a call to our specialist Motor Trade Insurance team to start the quote process.  Alternatively, you are welcome to complete our online quote form, and we call you to discuss your requirements.

Getting a quote is easy.  You can call us on 0208 298 2100and the team will be happy to help you find the protection you need.  We work with a panel of different insurance companies and can help find the appropriate cover to suit your individual needs.