Bar Insurance | Jensten Insurance Brokers
Feefo logo
Feefo logo

Bars Insurance

Between licensed public houses, music venues, wine bars, sports bars, and cocktail bars, no two venues are ever the same and neither are your insurance needs. That’s why we take a tailored approach, getting to know and understand your business and then advise cover specific to the risks you face.

What is Bar Insurance?

The combination of alcohol and varying opening hours means that running a bar comes with a higher risk than other businesses. This means that it can make it harder to get the right insurance, which is why you need an experienced broker who understands the unique needs of your business.

Our team has been working within this industry for many years and know the associated risks you work with on a daily basis, which means we know how to help keep those risks low.

Need Bars Insurance?

For comprehensive Bars Insurance

What does Bars Insurance cover?

Standard cover can include:

Buildings Contents and Stock

Buildings and contents insurance protects your business in the event of damage by a range of perils including fire, flood, theft, burst pipes or storms.

Directors’ and Officers’ Insurance

D&O insurance reimburses the defense costs incurred by board members, managers, and employees in defending against claims made by shareholders or third parties for alleged wrongdoing. D&O insurance also covers monetary damages, settlements, and awards resulting from such claims.

Employers’ Liability Insurance (EL insurance)

EL – is a legal requirement if you have any staff, full-time, part-time or contracted. EL insurance protects employers’ from compensation claims from their employees should a claim be made against them for loss or injury at work. Your policy must have a minimum of £5m cover, with £10m being the industry standard.

Legal Expenses

If someone takes legal action against you or your company Legal Expenses cover will support you in the cost of going to court.

Loss of Premises License

A premises licence is a permanent licence granted for a specific location, that authorises the holder to sell alcohol. As a business that benefits from an alcohol licence, the council could revoke this due to circumstances beyond your control, for example, crime and disorder. Loss of premises licence cover can provide assistance in defending a decision to remove or revoke your licence and cover the loss in depreciation in the value of your building should it lose its licence.

Public Liability Insurance

Public liability insurance protects you if a member of the public suffers an injury or if any of their property is damaged because of your business. It can cover legal costs and any compensation claims, if your business is found to be at fault.

Terrorism Cover

The need for insuring against acts of terrorism is more prevalent than ever with the UK on a Severe level of threat for the majority of the past 12 years. Cover can include loss of income as well as the physical damage to property and contents. Policies we provide can cover acts of sabotage as well as lone wolf style attacks.

Why use Jensten


We are dedicated to our clients


We are the trusted broker to hospitality and leisure clients


Tailored insurance to the needs of your business

Talk to the experts

Our team of UK-based insurance experts are here to help, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.


Contact us on our website whenever suits you

Call our insurance experts during office hours (calls are charged at a local rate)


Find answers to common insurance questions

What type of businesses can Bar Insurance cover?

  • Public houses
  • Wine bars
  • Gastro pubs
  • Cafes serving alcohol
  • Bars
  • Social clubs
  • Nightclubs
  • Private members clubs

How much does Bar Insurance cost?

As we create your cover around you and your business, there’s no simple answer to that question.  What we can say is that your Bar Insurance quote will be based on factors such as: 

  • Your postcode
  • If you own your premises
  • Whether you have any employees
  • Your turnover
  • The value of your stock and equipment
  • Whether you do deliveries/outside catering
  • The type of food you serve – if you’re deep-frying food, that can have a bearing on your premiums
  • Your claims history

For some tailored insurance help, please contact the Jensten Motor Trade team today or call them on 0208 298 2100.

Need Bars Insurance?

For comprehensive Bars Insurance

Bars Insurance

Bars Insurance can be complex, so to help you get the cover you need, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions about it.  

No, but Employers’ Liability Insurance is a legal requirement if you have employees.